Friday, October 9

Back to Berlin via the BALTIC // BBB


Hello October! It's finally time to get back to Berlin after 4 months in Northumberland. This is the longest i've been home since I left to go to college back in 2008. It's been lovely to come back to Berwick, see my sister get married, spend time with family and see the town again after travelling around. This time i've met lots of new people and lovely artists and realised that Berwick upon Tweed is FULL of amazing humans.

My big sister let me share her studio for the summer in exchange for taking passport photos so i've been super lucky in having somewhere to go to get work done.

This Tuesday (13/10/15) I am doing a little talk and workshop at the BALTIC art gallery for a Creative Careers day for 13-18 year olds.
I'll be talking about how I got into illustration and where I studied etc. to get to where I am now.

I've also been busy working on a flipbook recently - a couple of years ago I did a different flipbook for Gateshead book festival but this time the books are off to America to tour around. I am animating in Hans Christian Andersen's book of fairy tales, and I picked out The Ugly Duckling.  The book is ginormous and I am annoyed at myself for choosing such a massive book. Agh.

Anyway, I'm off to pack my suitcase now! It's full of Jammy Dodgers and Yorkshire Tea that I am smuggling into Germany for British friends who miss the UK's culinary delights.




No comments:

Post a Comment


#linkwithin_logolink_0 {display:none;}