Monday, December 20

Drypoint Printmaking

I'd never done this before... it was SO FUN :-) yaaargh, mess!

Black ink mixed with green ink... makes dark-green ink.

...mixing it aaall up with a knife.

Spreading it onto the drypoint card with another bit of card.  I really rubbed it into the scratched-off bits.

The "scrim".  A bit of muslin cloth used to scrub the ink about and push it into the scratches.  Also takes off the excess ink.

Polishing the drypoint, taking off excess ink.
I used a bit of tissue paper to clean off the bits of ink that I didn't want to print.  Behold! The shiny ready-to-print drypoint!

Some drypoint prints drying.

The finished piece!  A dark green beard.

No comments:

Post a Comment

#linkwithin_logolink_0 {display:none;}